Interested in playing games? Interested in gamifying your course a little or a lot? Interested in what’s new in serious educational games? Join us to celebrate Games and Gamification at Aalto. The programme includes keynote, panel discussion, varied presentations on games, serious games, gamified courses, and lots of hands-on workshops for gamifying your courses. Games and Gamification 2018 is an A!OLE sponsored event open to teachers, professors, students, and game industry professionals.
For whom? Aalto people
When? October 26, 2018 from 9:00-16:00
Where? Harald Herlin Learning Centre, Otaniementie 9, Espoo
Registration by October 23. Participation is free and includes morning coffee & lunch, but you must register in advance.
For inquiries, cancellations and standby places, please contact Maurice Forget (firstname.lastname@example.org).
08:30-9:15 Morning Coffee and Networking
9:15-10:00 Welcome and keynote address
10:00-12:00 Gamified Panel Discussion on Games and Education
12:00-13:00 Grab & Enjoy – Express Lunch
13:00-13:50 Multi-presentations and discussion
14:00-14:45 Hands-on Workshops
15:00-15:45 Hands-on Workshops
- Hands-on workshops include “Gamify your course with Aalto’s existing digital tools”, “Games in Language Learning”, “Augmented Reality for Interactive Storytelling”, “Teachergaming”, “Teaching methods for gamifying”, and “10 games for instant classroom activities”
- Presentations on “How to destroy a Start-up game”, “Altogame”, “Playgain”, “Gamified entrepreneurship course”, “the Aaltonaut game”, “Energy on Campus ARIS game”, and several student Game Design projects.
- Get to know different serious gaming companies from around Finland
- Play board games with Otaniemi Roleplaying Club (ORC) between events
- Play classic console games (such as Nintendo, Atari & Sega) between events
- … and more